Thursday, January 03, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday - January 3rd

All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.



Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

This one is taken from the Fix-It and Forget-It Lightly cookbook that the wonderful Elizabeth sent me :)

I LOVE Chicken Tortilla Soup so I was happy to find this low fat one.

Chicken Tortilla Soup

4 uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
2 15-oz. cans black beans, undrained
2 15-oz. cans low sodium Mexican stewed tomatoes, or Rotel tomatoes
1 cup low sodium salsa (mild, medium or hot)
4-oz. can chopped green chilies, undrained
141/2-oz. can low sodium tomato sauce
baked tortilla chips
2 cups grated fat-free cheese

Combine all ingredients except chips and cheese in a large slow cooker.
Cover. Cook on low 8 hours.
Just before serving, remove chicken breasts and slice into bite-sized pieces. Stir into soup.

To serve, put a handful of chips in each individual bowl. Ladle the soup over chips. Top with cheese.

Per serving: 330 calories


17 comments:

Renee said...

This sounds great!! Thanks for sharing and for hosting this wonderful meme!

Anonymous said...

That looks good.. I would probably sub the tomatoe sauce and green chiles for a can of Rotel Spicy Tomatoes. Thanks for sharing!

MJ

Betsy said...

Sounds like a good one!

Michelle said...

hi sandra.this sounds delicious..thanks for hosting every week..

Annie said...

The soup recipe sounds yummy Sandra! It's so cold here today it would be perfect!
Happy Thursday!

Jen said...

This sounds wonderful. I love any kind of soup now a days....it was 10 here this morning.....brrrrrrr.

Michelle said...

mmm we like chicken tortilla soup!

The Teacup Cottage said...

OMG! You are my new best friend! I am a chronic slow cooker cook (does that even make sense!?!) I am always looking for new recipes and stop by often, but now to have them all in one easy to access place ... this is what heaven must be like!

Becca L. said...

Sounds delicious!

Mari said...

I don't even have to make this one to know I would like it! It looks great. Thanks!

gail@more than a song said...

Yum, that looks really good!t

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, this sounds fantastic! My daughter and I had tortilla soup a few years back and I've never found a recipe for it that was as good as what we had. I'll have to give this a shot and see if the little princess approves. ;-)

So glad to be back on SCT! Happy New Year!

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Sandra,
"THANK YOU" for sharing this recipe. I've heard of it before, but have never tried it. It sounds yummy tho. My DH loves spicy foods. If I want to post a recipe to your Food Blog, do I do it on there? I'm new at this, so please bare with me. Do I need to go ahead and add my name to the Mr. Linky now? I would appreciate any help you can give me. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

Hugs,
Karen H.

jennwa said...

I am so glad I found your blog. I love my slow cooker and I am always looking for new recipes. Yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your site!!! You have some really great recipes - can't wait to try some!!!

Kelli said...

Mmm...I just printed this recipe out and will be adding it to my menu plan next week! Thank you!
Hugs,
Kelli

Beth Cotell said...

Yum! This looks so good. I use my slow cooker A LOT and am always searching for new recipes.