Thursday, January 31, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday!


All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

Today's recipe is what I'm actually making for dinner tonight. Usually the day before payday we're low on food and I go for the quickest and easiest using whatever is left in the pantry and freezer.

Next week's Slow Cooking Thursday will be a themed one......BREAKFAST. So bring out your best oatmeals and casseroles or anything else that is breakfast related. You don't HAVE to stick to the theme, obviously if you don't have any breakfast recipes you're more than welcome to post whatever you wish but if you do have some to share, we would LOVE to see them :)

I don't have a photo of the saucy hamburgers yet, so I just put this one up, this is of the Sirloin Burgers I made last week.

SAUCY HAMBURGERS

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 onion, sliced into rings
1 c. ketchup
1/2 to 3/4 c. water
2 T. butter, melted
2 T. sugarg
salt and pepper to taste
6 hamburger buns, split

Form ground beef into 6 patties. Brown in a skillet over medium heat; drain. Combine remaining ingredients except buns in a slow cooker; stir to blend. Add hamburgers; cover and cook on low setting for 3 to 4 hours. Serve on buns. Makes 6 sandwiches.

14 comments:

Stephanie ODea said...

Saucy Hambugers! What a neat idea.
thanks for hosting, Sandra, and for the warm welcome.
xoxo
steph

kelly said...

Thanks as always for the ideas and for hosting!

Karen H. said...

Good Morning Sandra,
I have my SCT post up for today. I have never heard of cooking hamburgers in a Slow Cooker before. Hmmmm, sounds like a plan to me to try. I usually don't cook hamburgers. My DH usually cooks them out on the grill in the Spring and Summer months. "THANK YOU" for sharing your recipe and for Hosting the SCT. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

Love & Hugs,
Karen H.

Anonymous said...

Looks good! Thanks for hosting this great mem!

MJ

jennwa said...

Those sound great!!!!

Laura said...

I've never heard of doing hamburgers either, that's very cool!

Annie said...

I'm curious to hear how these turn out!
Sounds yummy.
Have a great Thursday Sandra.

Annie

Katy said...

That sounds easy and fantastic!!!! Thanks so much Sandra! :)

Betsy said...

Those look great!

Mommie Daze said...

This is my first time participating. Thanks for hosting this!

Renee said...

Sounds wonderful!

Mari said...

That's a neat way to do hambergers - especially when it's as cold as it is here!

Mississippi Songbird said...

Those look yummy!
You have a great blog. I would like to add you to my blog roll. Have a great evening.

Jen said...

Sounds really good. You will have to come see me tomorrow. I'm posting a Mexican lasagna recipe you will have to make...it is the best thing I make Scott says...